Datatific Review includes a SQL editor that lets you perform SQL commands. You can insert and update data as well as create, alter and drop tables and views. Query results are displayed for viewing and can be used to compare.
SQL queries and commands are automatically saved so you can use them again later or modify them as needed. You can also copy and paste SQL commands.
To use the SQL Editor, perform the following:
- Open the database in the Data Explorer. The database can be Access, Excel, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, ODBC, OLEDB and text dataClick on the SQL Editor node. This opens the editor form.
- Enter a SQL command or query in the editor.
- Click the Execute button on the toolbar to execute the query or command. Tip: Activate the Execute SQL command when Enter pressed after semicolon option to execute commands from the keyboard.
- The results appear below the editor.
The SQL Editor toolbar has several useful features.
- Execute – Executes the command or query in the editor.
- Previous SQL Statement – Retrieves the previous executed SQL command or query.
- Next SQL Statement – Retrieves the next executed SQL command or query.
- Hide SQL Editor – Hides the SQL editor to make viewing results easier. Select again to show.
- New SQL Statement – Clears the SQL editor.
- Copy SQL Statement – Copies the contents of the SQL editor to the clipboard.
- Paste SQL Statement – Pastes the contents from the clipboard to the SQL editor.
- Delete SQL Command – Deletes the current SQL command from the SQL editor command list.
- Clear SQL Commands – Clears all SQL commands from the SQL editor command list.
- Execute SQL command when Enter pressed after semicolon – Automatically executes SQL command when Enter key is pressed after a semicolon.